Hi, I'm Judy
I love colour, contrast and bold patterns. I love creating something out of nothing. I love the escapism and freedom that creating art provides, and I love being able to do something I'm passionate about and motivated by every day.
I'm a North London-based artist who paints expressive floral and landscape paintings in acrylics. I'm drawn to structure and patterns in nature, and particularly focus on capturing a sense of flowers bursting into life with their elegant, powerful forms.
Playing with scale, contrast and pattern, I create contemporary takes on my nature-inspired subjects. With all my work, my aim is to create decorative, striking pieces which have lots to explore. I enjoy experimenting with degrees of abstraction, and I vary my practice from representational work through to more abstract versions of my style. The results are energetic, colourful, statement pieces which celebrate nature whilst also creating decorative pieces to liven up interior spaces.
From a young age, I've always had creative flair, and arts and crafts have been lifelong hobbies. I attended Oxford University to pursue a mainstream university path, followed by a career in the corporate world running business transformation programmes.
After keeping it on the side for many years, the creative in me was unsatisfied and I set up Judy Century Art to follow my dreams and to allow me to create everyday. It is a great pleasure to be able to share my work more widely offering colourful, contemporary art for homes and workplaces.
My work is permanently on display at the Wynd Gallery in Letchworth, UK, and I'm represented by BobCat Gallery. I participate in art fairs and exhibitions throughout the year - see the 'News and Features' page for more details. My work has also been featured in Homes and Gardens UK magazine in their Art Edit.
- Finchley Arts Depot Sprint Showcase, 28th March - 30th May
- Highgate Contemporary Art Postcard Exhibition - May 2022
- Living Crafts Showcase, Hatfield House, Herts - 5th May 2022
- Citizen's Art Market, Blue House Yard, London, 12th June 2022
- Ayot St Lawrence Art Show, Herts, 17-20th June 2022
- Open Studios, Howard Centre, Welwyn, Herts, 10th - 16th September
Past Exhibitions and Events
- Roy's Art Fair, Truman Brewery, London, April 2022
- BobCat Gallery, 100x100 Exhibition, March 2022
- Collective Gallery, St Albans, Herts, 'Principles of Art' Exhibition, Dec 2021
- Finchley Arts Depot Winter Showcase, Dec 2021
- Collective Gallery, St Albans, Herts, 'City Summer Scaes' Pop-up Exhibition, August 2021
- Herts Visual Arts 'Big Art Fair', Hitchin Town Hall, Herts, June 2021
- Nude Tin Can Gallery, St Albans, Herts, 'Spring Bounce' Exhibition, May 2021
- Herts Visual Arts 'Big Makers Fair, Virtual due to Covid, March 2021
Get in touch!
I'd love to provide a special piece of art for you! Please have a look through my collection, or if you're looking for something bespoke and personal, I offer commissions and I'm ready to work with you to create something special!